Whether you are single or divorced, of mixed faiths or no particular faith, gay or straight, you can be married or celebrate your civil partnership at our historic Unitarian chapel in the heart of Leicester with the service of your choice.
For many people a civil ceremony is too brief and impersonal, yet they are not at home with the traditional church wedding service. They may not be churchgoers, or even religious in the conventional sense, but they nevertheless feel a reverence for the vows they make at marriage and wish to express their faith in life, in one another and in their future together.
So how do you go about arranging a marriage at Great Meeting?Firstly contact our Minister, Dr Arthur Stewart, for a preliminary discussion. He will want to clarify the formal details of the intended marriage and will instruct you regarding the necessary notifications to the Register Office.
Then you can move onto the ceremony itself such as order of service, the wording of the declaration and promises, the music (with or without organ), and witnesses.
Please contact the Minister for more information on 01509 812236
Same sex blessings and weddingsWe are pleased to conduct blessings for couples of the same sex, either as a complement to a legal civil union or simply as a way to celebrate a relationship. We are also able to offer same sex couples a marriage ceremony at our chapel. For further details please contact the Minister.
Simon Hall and David KentSaturday 26th May 2018 some 180 guests, including many members of the congregation, gathered at chapel to celebrate the wedding of Simon Hall and David Kent.
Chapel was decorated with lovely floral arrangements, and the car park was transformed by a huge marquee in which the after-service speeches and celebrations took place. There was (to use the expression) “a lot of love in the room”.
Photographs courtesy of Tony Fletcher
Click any photo for enlargement
We have excellent facilities
- Seating in the chapel for more than 200 (+ 100 more on the balcony)
- Our own parking for over 18 cars with lots of public parking nearby
- A beautiful organ; an excellent piano; a modern speaker system or space for your own musicians
- A wonderful garden for photos and for guests to meet
- Light and spacious rooms which have been used for the reception (although the kitchen is quite small)
- Accessible on foot from the Holiday Inn (about 10 minutes) the
- Travelodge (less than 5 minutes) the Marriott (about 15 minutes)
- Easy access on foot or by car to other City Centre venues for receptions (click here to see how to find us)
Schedule of fees
Hire of Chapel and Garden Room for the ceremony
Organist Schedule of fees
Price on application
Join with Leicester Unitarians at the Great Meeting Unitarian Chapel, Leicester